St Augustine’s was a Mission Church (a daughter church) of the high-Anglican St. Michael’s church in Tividale. St Augustine’s was located in Dudley Road East, Tividale, adjacent to the junction with Tipton Road.
This is not in Tipton but just over the border in Oldbury. It commemorates a number of men who can be considered Tipton men, generally from the Tividale and Burnt Tree area. Listed below are those 11 men although this memorial records a total of 23 men.
Like the Park Methodist memorial this has a home-made appearance, although with a more refined technique.
Clicking anywhere on a row will take you to the detail page for that man.
|Surname||Forename||Rank/Number||Regiment||Date of Death|
|Allmark||Joseph||Pte 30173||8th Devonshire||4 Oct 1917|
|Bailey||Thomas Lambert||Pte 15333||7th South Staffs||11 Aug 1915|
|Fisher||George Andrew||Pte 12841||2nd South Staffs||10 Mar 1915|
|Haddon||Arthur||Abdr 99725||Royal Artillery||29 Nov 1917|
|Harris||Frederick||Pte 48391||1st/5th South Staffs||12 Oct 1918|
|Horton||Frank||Pte 8920||1st Worcesters||19 Dec 1914|
|Hunter||Harry||Pte 53301||2nd West Yorkshire||27 Mar 1918|
|Ingram||William Thomas||Pte 99388||Machine Gun Corps||24 Mar 1918|
|Naylor||Albert Edward||Pte 41493||1st Royal Lancasters||8 Aug 1918|
|Partridge||Matthew||Pte 8714||2nd Worcesters||26 Sept 1915|
|Smith||Frederick||L/C 20863||4th Worcesters||4 Dec 1915|