How is the site progressing?
This site has been many years in the making, as many people have reminded me.
It is not complete, but it is better to have the significant data available rather than wait until every 'i' is dotted, and 't' crossed.
What elements are complete?
- Every man (and woman) identified has their own page
- All indexes are complete, and point to the individual pages
- The 'core' data (name, rank, number, date of death, place of burial/commemoration)
- Genealogical Data - 1901 and 1911 census added where identifiable
- Newspaper Cuttings - mainly from the Tipton Herald
- Photographs of the Casualties - where I have a photograph it is now displayed. I welcome any photograph you may have
What elements are NOT complete?
- Personal Data - about 10 records are still to be transcribed from their Soldier's Papers (Burnt Series) - as at February 2020
- Action resulting in his death - there are approximately 75 casualties where this needs to be researched - as at February 2020
- Photographs (graves) - most graves in France, Belgium and Italy have been visited and photographed. Where I have a photograph, it is now displayed. Surprisingly I have more outstanding in England that anywhere else.
What if this affects the man you are interested in?
If you are interested in a particular man and find the data is not yet completed, use the contact form. Efforts will be made to complete his entry as soon as possible.
Progress with photographs
Many of the photographs of the Tipton men were re-done in 2016 when a new source of photographs became available. This allowed their capture and display at 600 pixels height, and the process is complete. If I have a photograph it is now displayed.
I welcome any relevant photograph you have and would be happy to have used on this site.